Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Small Victories

I went to bed last night feeling guilty over not blogging. I had a successful day but I was just so damned tired. I read a few other blogs and fell asleep to another podcast. I slept like shit.

Woke up this morning very grumpy. First instinct was to clear my morning and go back to bed. I thought about how I could get the kids off to school and sitter and just hide in my covers all day. 

Then, it hit me: this is a coping mechanism. This is what I would do on hungover days, feeling too guilty and shamed to face my world. Then drink to numb that guilt. And so the cycle continued. 

I cannot be afraid of bad moods. They are going to exist. I cannot escape from them and risk my sobriety by avoiding the feeling. So, I've made a strong pot of coffee, I'm taking my time getting out the door today, and I'm going to face my life, bad mood and all. 

This, and the fact that today will be Day 11, are small victories that deserve celebration. Make it a great day, friends. I'm going to do everything I can to do the same!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are wanted and welcome!!!!!